Registration Site is Online
The registration site is available now. Please refer the information on the page of registration (there are some additional information from the registration site) and register from the online registration site (https://register.comsoc.org/ieee-lanman-2017).
Call for Demos
Demo session fosters the demonstrations of novel technologies and applications by means of original interactive showcases. Topics of interests are the same as those listed in the main track of IEEE LANMAN 2017.
Authors of accepted demo papers will be provided with a table, a power supply and Wi-Fi Internet access (NAT only) by default.
Accepted demo papers will be indexed by IEEE-Xplore and will be distributed with the official symposium proceedings. No show will preclude publication in IEEE-Xplore.
Authors must be present during the Demo session and must be associated with an author registration at the full rate. One full registration is valid for presenting a cumulative number of demos/papers/posters up to three.
A “best demo award” will be given, based on community judging by registered participants.
We envisage two kinds of demos, namely: associated or not-associated with an accepted main track paper. Associated demo papers must provide demonstrations of concepts presented in an accepted main track paper.
Please consult the Demo Co-Chairs (see contacts in the Call for Demos page) if you are uncertain whether your demo falls within the scope of the symposium and for any other question.
Full details of the call are available at the Call for Demos page.
Symposium Main Theme
Connecting Smart Cities through Software-Defined Infrastructure
Call for Papers
IEEE LANMAN has an established tradition as a forum for presenting and discussing the latest technical advances in local and metropolitan area networking. Cutting-edge papers spanning both theory and experimentation are solicited in all areas of networking. Continuing the tradition of identifying a central theme that is of current interest in our field, IEEE LANMAN 2017’s theme will be Connecting Smart Cities through Software-Defined Infrastructure. This topic broadly encompasses research on how software-defined technologies are revolutionizing networking, particularly for emerging applications like Smart Cities and the Internet of Things. Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networking are transforming the network data and control planes, promising greater flexibility and lower cost. As industry and academia explore new application paradigms running on smart devices, there is an ever growing need for new network architectures, protocols, and management technologies.
The intimate single-track session format of the symposium encourages stimulating exchanges between researchers. The symposium is expected to be a forum for discussion of new and interdisciplinary ideas on architectures, algorithms, service models, pricing, and performance. Speculative and potentially transformative ideas are particularly encouraged, as are studies reporting measurements from real-life networks and testbeds. Papers are solicited on topics including, but not limited to:
- Novel data center network architectures, technologies, and protocols
- Mobile Edge Computing and architecture innovation
- Software defined networking and network function virtualization
- Integration of cloud server, storage, and network resources
- Name-to-name communications and name-based abstractions
- Energy-efficiency, reliability, resource allocation, and pricing in data centers
- Wireless access technologies (WiFi, LTE, etc) and their integration in 5G networks
- Performance measurement and modeling
- Internet-of-Things and Machine-to-machine communications
- Smart cities, connected transportation systems, and intelligent buildings
- Local-area and metropolitan-area network security
- LAN-based and MAN-based applications (gaming, distributed computing, media distribution to and in the home, enterprise applications, ambient technology, wearable-computing)
Full details of the call are available at Call for papers page.
Full details of the paper submission instructions are available at Authors page.