Information for Participants
Please answer LANMAN2017 Questionnaires for Participants by 2 June 2017, 23:59JST.
If you have any question, please send an e-mail to the Local Coordination Chair, Hiroyuki SHINBO (net3-lanman2017-info /at/ net.ist.osaka-u.ac.jp).
The participants of LANMAN 2017 should do the local registration (registration at the venue) at the first.
- The local registration desk will be located in front of room 702 on the 7th floor of the venue.
- We would appreciate if you could bring your printed confirmation e-mail of on-line registration, which was sent by IEEE ComSoc when you completed your on-line registration process. It is very helpful to pick up your badge at the desk, and hence might contribute to reducing the queue at the desk.
- The local registration desk will open with the following schedule. Please note that the venue will be opened at 8:00 AM.
- Day 1 (June 12): 8:30 – 18:00
- Day 2 (June 13): 8:30 – 14:00
- Day 3 (June 14): 8:30 – 14:00
- At the local registration desk, you will receive your budge, the conference proceedings in an USB memory, the printed conference program and the venue information, and so on.
- We can NOT issue the printed receipt of your registration. The receipt has attached in the confirmation e-mail from IEEE ComSoc after you completed your on-line registration process. If you have any question, please ask IEEE ComSoc via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or the online help form at https://register.comsoc.org/support.
- Due to power capacity limitations, we can not provide power outlets for all attendees. For instance, we cannot provide any AC power outlets in the room for technical sessions (room 703). Instead, we will provide a few special desks having several power outlets in room 702. If you need to charge the battery of your laptop, table and smartphone, please use the outlets on the desks. Please refrain from using other outlets.
- Specification of the power outlets: Voltage: 100 V, Plug & Socket: Type A
The Internet connection
The local coordination team will provide the Internet connection only by Wi-Fi. No wired connection is available.
- The Wi-Fi connections are provided within Room 301(Demo/Poster), Room 702(Break/Lunch) and Room 703(Technical session).
- Wi-Fi frequency and type is 5GHz(W53 or W56), 802.11a/n/ac and 2.4GHz, 802.11b/g/n. 5GHz band is preferable, because 2.4GHz band is crowded in the venue.
- The Wi-Fi configuration (e.g. SS-ID, key) is provided at the venue.
Techinical session room (Room 703)
The local coordination team will provide your lunches during LANMAN 2017 (June 12, 13 and 14).
- The style of lunch is a lunch-box (bento).
- The lunches will be provided at room 702 in the venue. At the lunch time (see program), you can take it at room 702 and eat it at room 702 or 703. (Please refer to the venue layout.)
- All fee of 3-days lunches (one lunch box at each day) are included within 1 registration. It is no refund when you don’t obtain them.
- The following items will be provided at the break time.
Drink: Water(natural, hot/cold), Coffee(hot/cold), Tea(hot/cold), Green-tea(hot/cold)
Breads and Onigiris (rice balls) (for simple breakfast, at morning only)
- Since number of items are limited, the local coordnation team may not supply all requested items.
The local coordination team is planing an excursion and a banquet on 13 June, 14:00-21:00.
- The excursion is a short tour visiting several attractive places in the heart of downtown Osaka-city, and it will be held during the afternoon.
- Following the excursion, the banquet will be held at a restaurant with a traditional Japanese-style building and a beautiful garden. The restrant locates in about 30 mininutes from Shin-Osaka station by train.
- The tranportation is a bus.
- The detail of excursion and banquet will be shown within a document which is received at the local registration. This includes a course of excursion and how to go the banquet directly.
- All fee of excursion and banquet(1 person) is included within 1 registration. It is no refund when you don’t join them.
In Demo/Poster#1 session(Day1/12 June, 18:00-20:00), the simple reception will be held at Room 301. Some drinks and snacks will be provided.